Agents of socialization family
Family : It is the first major agent of socialization for most individuals. They help children internalize culture and develop a social identity. They also provide an ascribed social status to its young members and play a key part in early sex role socialization. Family can teach good or bad habits regarding social interaction adapting social norms and inhabiting traditional role within one’s society.
Effects of family socialization
1) The development of trust
2) The development of independence
3) The tendency of taking initiative
4) The sense of competence and ambition
5) Decision about who one is
6) Relations with others
7) Decisions about future generaltions
Reflectionn to one’s life
- ‘It’s my life and I can do what I want with it.’ Do you find this view acceptable? – Exam essay by Ravi Abraham Varghese
- It is better to be married than to be single. Discuss.
- development of country depend upon business activity
- Total equality between the sexes is not only impossible, it is undesirable. To what extent do you agree?